"People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors." -- Edmund Burke

"When a society or a civilization perishes, one condition can always be found. They forgot where they came from." -- Carle Sandburg

"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage - to know who we are and where we came from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning. No matter what our attainments in life, there is still a vacuum, an emptiness, and the most disquieting loneliness." -- Alex Haley, Roots


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Make a Family History Coloring Book

I found on familysearch.org, a link to dumpr.net where you can turn your family photos into coloring pages.  First, choose a family picture that you would like to include in your coloring book.
                                                                                 
I chose this picture of Clarence and Esther.  Aren't they beautiful?



Next. I went onto befunky.com and clicked on "get started."  On the next page, I chose "Upload" on the right side, and I uploaded the photo of Clarence and Esther.  Next, I chose the "artsy" option, and from there I clicked on "sketcher" and then "sketcher 2."  I adjusted the settings till I was happy with the sample sketch and then clicked on "apply."  Next I chose the "save and share option" and chose "upload from PC."  I chose the file on my computer that I wanted to save it in, changed the title to one I could easily find and clicked "save."

I ended up with this picture in my files:



Next, I went into my files, clicked on this picture and clicked on "open" and chose "paint."  I used my paint program to erase the edge and then I had this:


From here you can add details in your paint program or print and add details with your pencil.  Use the original photo to help you add the missing lines.  Have fun making a wonderful, custom made coloring book!

No comments:

Post a Comment